Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Fun Filled Weekend


on sunday, we took a very special trip to montgomery county near star, nc. many generations of the cochran and ellis family call this home, as do our very own nana and papa! these countless acres of land hold so many memories for the entire family. it was the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch and some outdoor games. the weather was beautiful and it was just good to be together, reminiscing, and just relishing God's creation.

we love you nana and papa!

because of you...we ARE a family!


*a special thanks to beth tanner for most of these pictures. you can see more of her work at: momentsframed.blogspot.com

thanks beth!!



Nana and Ben David
Nana and the boys



(nice expression ben david:)

Nana and Ben

praying for the food


Meg and James...best buds from the start!


the cousins all had a ball, and the older ones (ben david was included on this) got to take a truck ride out to what is affectionately known as "the woods." ben's papa long ago constructed a cabin that remains out there, just waiting for the next generation to resurrect the camping trip tradition! i think next year, we will be ready!:)meanwhile...ben david (unbeknowst to me) did get his first lesson in firearms.

picnic lunch with abigail, ian and owen


Marmie and her little buddy


Poppie and two of his sidekicks
james (aka, mr. independent)

The Pumpkin Patch


this weekend, we also mananged to squeeze in a festive trip to "hunter farm" where we met up with mamie, deuce and cousin kai! there were lots of pumpkins, hay, tractors and animals. needless to say...this was a great place for boys!








3 comments:

Conner said...

look at that beautiful family! I am so glad I am apart of it. Hate we couldn't be there. We miss you guys!

Beth said...

Hey- The pics look great on the blog, I am glad you used them, I will be working on getting CD's ready, (you are NOT paying)! Can't wait to send them out!!!

julie said...

Wow! It looks like everyone had such a great time. I'm sorry we weren't there. My boys said it "rocked". Christina, you are so sweet to think of me. I love the ornament. You were right it's so me. It was thoughtful of you to send it. I love it and can't wait to put it on the tree. I hope we see everyone at Christmas wherever the party will be. Love you guys. You're such a great looking family.